As we continue to recognize National Safety Month, we wanted to be sure to give a shout out to all the safe workplaces we’ve had the pleasure of working with over the years. These organizations exemplify what safe workplaces should be by focusing on employee safety first.
We’re proud of these companies for investing in safety and making it a top priority. They demonstrate their commitment to safety every day and in ongoing ways with their leadership, training, and providing the equipment and tools their employees need to stay safe on the job.
- Bayer Corporation – Bayer’s fleet program for their staff using passengers vehicles like SUVs was the 2018 recipient of our Passenger Fleet Safety Award. Their fleet safety manager said, “Bayer is committed to the welfare and safety of all employees at every level of the business.”
- Emblem Logistics – Canadian company Emblem Logistics showed their commitment to running safe workplaces as showcased in this case study. With the help of their material handling dealer, King Materials Handling, Emblem’s director of operations said, “We sincerely take safety as a top priority. Minimizing the risk of an accidental move that could cause serious injury or death is a decision we couldn’t ignore.”
- Element (formerly Exova Group) – Element provides technically demanding laboratory-based testing, calibration, and related services across 11 key customer sectors, so workplace safety is paramount. When we checked in with their safety coordinator, he said, “My company scored the highest in our North American safety audit, your safety products impressed the auditor.” Great job Element!
- Hobby Lobby – We have enjoyed working with Hobby Lobby over the past few years to help separate loads on their tractor-trailers. This makes it more efficient to make deliveries but of course, the most important aspect is that it is safer for their drivers.
- The Home Depot – Visit any Home Depot store and it’s not hard to see their commitment to safety. From safeguarding their employees to protecting consumers, look for our Rack Safety Cables throughout their stores. They were awarded our Safety Innovator of the Year Award and their manager of safety operations said, “We take pride in…products and processes that provide a safer working environment for our associates and shopping environment for our customers.”
- Legend Brands – We were happy to work with STOR-TEC USA to help their customer, Legend Brands, update their facility with safety netting. Their production facility in Burlington, Washington, is responsible for finished goods manufacturing for Dri-Eaz, and their facility needed to manage this balance of safety and efficiency carefully.
- Lippert Components – When Lippert Components was opening a brand new facility in Indiana and needed to come online quickly, but also needed to ensure that everything in their plant would meet safety standards first, their dealer Storage Solutions stepped in to suggest pallet rack safety products from Adrian’s. They’re now up and running efficiently – and safely.
- Raymour & Flanigan – Furniture manufacturer Raymour & Flanigan keeps their mattresses safe and secure using cargo control products from Adrian’s. Their purchasing manager told us, “Safety is a value here, and our leaders and associates continue to improve and create safe environments with our locations and fleet.”
- TiNik Inc. – TiNik, Inc. provides lifting, loading, and material handling solutions for automotive and truck commercial vehicle fleets. They received our 2019 Bednet Fleet Safety Award and had this to say about the honor: “We’re pleased to receive the special recognition from Adrian’s Safety Solutions. Bednet Cargo Control products have positioned us to be recognized by our mutual customers as excellent up-fit solutions for the past several years.”
America’s Safest Companies Recognized by EHS Today
Each year since 2002, EHS Today has compiled a list of America’s Safety Companies. EHS Today is a premier publication for safety in the workplace, and safety professionals value their editorial insight and resources. In fact, they are accepting applications for 2020 right now. What does it take to be considered for their annual safety awards? Here’s the list of ways they look for organizations to demonstrate safety excellence:
- support from leadership and management for EHS efforts;
- employee involvement in the EHS process;
- innovative solutions to safety challenges;
- injury and illness rates lower than the average for their industries;
- comprehensive training programs;
- evidence that prevention of incidents is the cornerstone of the safety process;
- good communication about the value of safety;
- and a way to substantiate the benefits of the safety process.
National Safety Month always reminds us to be safe both in the workplace and at home. We are happy to recognize companies that are doing their part to keep their employees safe, especially now. Wondering if there are additional steps you can take in your facility, but aren’t sure where to begin? Feel free to contact us today!