According to the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) Pocket Guide for Warehouse Safety the fatal injury rate for the warehousing industry is higher than the national average. That means there is much room for improvement in making sure our nations warehouses are safe places to work.
According to the OSHA Pocket Guide for Warehouse Safety there are several hazards for workers in a warehouse environment:
- Unsafe use of forklifts
- Improper stacking of products
- Failure to use proper personal protective equipment
- Failure to follow proper lockout/tagout procedures
- Inadequate fire safety provisions
- Repetitive motion injuries